TCU Disciples on Campus
TCU Disciples on Campus
Disciples Campus Ministry at TCU takes many forms, but its essential purpose is to provide a presence for the Disciples of Christ students at Texas Christian University. Through Disciples Campus Ministry, students have an opportunity to embrace wholeness in a fragmented world. This is taught through exploration of the Bible, articulation of one’s own faith and beliefs, and focus on who Jesus is calling them to be by loving and serving all creation.
Disciples on Campus (or “DOC”) is an on-campus student organization, led by Rev. Dr. Lauren Sierra. Through DOC, students come together weekly for fellowship, worship, study, and service. The following events are just a few of the opportunities that will be happening this year:
- SUNDAYS: Centered (7:30-8:30pm) – A worship gathering with music, Scripture reflection, communion, and rest for the mind, body, and spirit.
- MONDAYS: DOC ‘n Donuts (7:30-10:00am) – A once a week free giveaway of breakfast and drinks for any hungry student! We’ll be at the founders statue (by the library). This is our way of serving felow students in a rush to get from one class to another and offer a moment of hospitality and fellowship. Come by and see us!
- TUESDAYS: Refuge (12:30-1:30pm) – A decompression hour for anyone who needs to check in with others. This group values vulnerability, authenticity, and confidentiality and is open for those who can only come once in a while or every week!
- WEDNESDAYS: Lunch Bunch (11:30am-1:30pm) – A free lunch provided by University Christian Church (UCC)! We meet in the UCC College Lounge, easily accessed from the “College Corner” (Cantey and Rogers). This is a time we break bread and hang out. Come and go as needed!
- THURSDAYS: Refuge (3:30-4:30pm) – Our second decompression hour of the week for anyone who needs to check in with others. This group values vulnerability, authenticity, and confidentiality and is open for those who can only come once in a while or every week!
- FRIDAYS: Lunch & Learn (12-1pm) – A free lunch and time to learn about the “C” in TCU and discuss what it means to be a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world.
- DOC DAYS – A once-a-month hang out with a different activity each month! Paint, tailgate, play pickleball, rock climb, serve the community of Fort Worth, etc.!
To learn more about Disciples Campus Ministry or get connected if you are a current student, contact Rev. Dr. Lauren Sierra at Lauren.Sierra@tcu.edu.