Disciples on Campus
Disciples on Campus at TCU takes many forms, but its essential purpose is to provide a presence for the Disciples of Christ students at Texas Christian University. Through Disciples Campus Ministry, students have an opportunity to embrace wholeness in a fragmented world. This is taught through exploration of the Bible, articulation of one’s own faith and beliefs, and focus on who Jesus is calling them to be by loving and serving all creation.
Disciples on Campus (or “DOC”) is an on-campus student organization led by Rev. Dr. Lauren Sierra. Through DOC, students come together weekly for fellowship, worship, study, and service. The following events are just a few of the opportunities that will be happening this year:
- SUNDAYS: Centered (7:30-8:30pm) – A worship gathering with music, Scripture reflection, communion, and rest for the mind, body, and spirit.
- MONDAYS: DOC ‘n Donuts (7:30-10:00am) – A once a week free giveaway of breakfast and drinks for any hungry student! We’ll be at the founders statue (by the library). This is our way of serving fellow students in a rush to get from one class to another and offer a moment of hospitality and fellowship. Come by and see us!
- TUESDAYS: Refuge (12:30-1:30pm) – A decompression hour for anyone who needs to check in with others. This group values vulnerability, authenticity, and confidentiality and is open for those who can only come once in a while or every week!
- WEDNESDAYS: Lunch Bunch (11:30am-1:30pm) – A free lunch provided by University Christian Church (UCC)! We meet in the UCC College Lounge, easily accessed from the “College Corner” (Cantey and Rogers). This is a time we break bread and hang out. Come and go as needed!
- THURSDAYS: Refuge (3:30-4:30pm) – Our second decompression hour of the week for anyone who needs to check in with others. This group values vulnerability, authenticity, and confidentiality and is open for those who can only come once in a while or every week!
- FRIDAYS: Lunch & Learn (12-1pm) – A free lunch and time to learn about the “C” in TCU and discuss what it means to be a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world.
- DOC DAYS – A once-a-month hang out with a different activity each month! Paint, tailgate, play pickleball, rock climb, serve the community of Fort Worth, etc.!
- Sabbath Retreat – Each semester, we spend time in community out in God’s creation for rest and renewal.
- Disciples Uniting for Campus Students (DUCS) – Each semester, our Disciple Churches in the area partner together to offer a fun outing in Fort Worth for TCU students.
- First Day Feast – Having a meal together on the 1st day of class has become an annual event. The Jarvis lawn is filled with new students, upperclassman, area Church Ministers and Disciples staff and faculty. It is a great way to start the new year.
- Welcome Week – A series of events during the first week of school each fall designed to welcome new Disciples students, connect them to returning students, faculty, and staff, build community, and kick off the school year right. Events include Frogs First Chapel followed by lunch at Dutch’s, our opening fiesta, and Welcome Wagon Deliveries among other events!
- Senior Disciples Dinner – Late each April, Disciples seniors come together with their families, mentors, and friends for a celebratory dinner and pinning.
- Ministers Week – Ministers Week is sponsored by Brite Divinity School, University Christian Church, and Texas Christian University. Clergy and community members are invited to campus for three days of inspiring worship, thought-provoking lectures, enriching workshops and a world-class organ recital. It is also a valuable opportunity to connect with other clergy and lay leadership to explore best practices and ideas. Registration costs are covered by the sponsors, and online registration and more information can be found here.
- CYF Day at TCU – CYF day at TCU is a long-standing annual tradition together CYF high school students from across the region and beyond for a day connecting to the campus and community. Events include campus tours, opening worship, a TCU game, a post-game party at the TCU campus recreation center and much more. For more information contact email@example.com
To learn more about Disciples Campus Ministry or get connected if you are a current student, contact Rev. Dr. Lauren Sierra